MCKINSEY & COMPANY (VGI) CLICKS || MEMORIES - Team Outings

MK-VGI days happened to be some of the most beautiful days in my life where I had some great friends. As a team, we went for so many outings to beautiful places in south India which I had scribbled in my brain and heart forever. 

Munnar Lake!!
, Kerala

I had joined MK-VGI on 1st July 2004 which was just 2 days after I came back home after my final semester engineering exams. The company gave me 2 options, either I can join on 1st July or on 1st August and I chose July as I couldn't accepted myself sitting ideal at home for a month. It was my first job and had spent my first 2.5 years of work life there.

My first team outing from VGI was to Munnar and got a leech bite from there :) I don't know why, wherever I go leeches and subsequently leech bites follows me starting from my MES trips..

Munnar is such a beautiful place and when we started to climb the Rajamalai hill it started to rain and we climbed the hill in the rain...we went for a boating in the beautifully carved munnar lake.. I experienced horse riding for the first time there and it was an amazing experience.

Then after 6 months, we went to Bonacaud Estate and had a forest trekking. Walked a distance of nearly 12 kms to reach a beautiful waterfall. We really had a fun time over there.

On the way to the waterfalls...

Now its turn to go to Wagamon, another beautiful outing spot.

Wagamon Lake covered with fog

Tea Estates

Now we all thought of having a short distance outing and went to Aquasere Resort in Kollam. They arranged a boat trip in the lake and caught the below pic from my boat.

The restaurant of the resort and our boat viewed from the fellow boater.

Once we, the July batch mates gathered in the TVM Veli lake to celebrate our 1st batch Anniversary. We went for a boating in the Veli lake.

Veli Lake

It was always celebrations in VGI. Once in an year we celebrate Values day, Family day and Christmas eve. Birthdays were also celebrated.

VGI Athapookalam

I still remember the chilli chicken and chicken fried rice I used to buy from the Buraq restaurant in the Gayathri building with my Sodexho food coupons. I used to take it home and share with my brother.

I was very close to my colleagues in MK- VGI (Visual Graphics India) and felt so sad when I was about to leave the organization to reach new heights in my career in Korcompetenz India at Chennai. I miss my friends and my VGI team outings. :-( what to do, life is like this. 

Comments