QATARSHUB.COM WEBSITE


February 2009 was a scary month for me, the requirement for Qatar's first bi-lingual (English, Arabic) portal, qatarshub.com started by then. I was so puzzled about the vague requirements. Somehow started with the forums and questions section in the website. After that moved to develop videos section, got a third-party encoder to help me. Then the real struggle to implement classifieds into the website started. After that came the movies, games, prayer timings, events, community events, calendar events, panorama (the biggest problem maker), latest news, and TV listings.




God gave me strength to handle all these sections and I made the website reach till the pre-beta stage. Manju joined me in developing the website by July and she helped us with the reports development. The beta version of qatarshub.com, is launched in Sep 2009 and the full version is launched in 18th Dec 2009.

It was such a big project programmatically and I was so scared to start this project alone. But things went on well with good advice and motivation from my manager. Today I am really proud to say that I am part of Qatarshub.com development team.


Comments