BABY'S FIRST YEAR


As a new mom, I always had so many questions about feeding baby. The two main questions I always ask myself:
  1. What new food I can give to baby? as I feel that baby may get bored of eating the same food.
  2. When can I start a particular new food?
Now my baby is 18 months old and so thought of jolting down whatever I fed her during these days. I always make sure to feed her only one new food continuously for 4-5 days and check how she responds to it. I also check for constipation, allergies, etc. I got 75% of information about what to feed and when to feed goggling and from Baby Ceter website. The rest of the 25% info was expert advice from parents and friends.

My baby's foods:
Mother's milk - Should be given to the babies once every 2 hours till they become 6 months old. Mother's milk can be continued till the baby becomes 12-14 months old or more if the mother/baby prefers.

Other baby milk - I choose the NAN brand as per doctor advice. NAN 1 can be given to the babies till they are 6 months old. After that move to NAN 2. Start NAN 3 after the baby celebrates her 1st birthday. I am adding little sugar to NAN3 as she is very sweet conscious now. 



Rice cereals (4+ months) Milupa brand
Baby biscuits (4+ months) Milupa brand
Baby Cereals (6+ months) Cerelac brand. Started with wheat cereals, then moved to 'wheat and dates', 'wheat and fruits', and later to 'wheat and fruit pieces' and 'wheat and date pieces'.


Baby Multi-cereal biscuit sticks Milupa brand (6+ months). My baby prefers to eat this while teething.
Vegetable mix tinned (6+ months). This does not tastes good, so babies tries to avoid it. Vegetables are essentially part of their diet, so initially mix 2-3 tbsp with cerelac and give. Later they will get used to it. Babies can have 1/2 - 1 tin per day.



Fruit mix tinned (6+ months). Start with banana mix, then move to apple, mixed fruits, 3 fruits, peach banana, apricot pear, pineapple banana, etc. Babies can have 1 tin per day.



Non-citric fruit juices (7+ months) - apple juice, etc.


Baby Multi-cereal biscuit sticks Milupa (8+ months). Double-check the baby month specs before buying.
Cooked Rice + Dhal + cooked vegetables (10+ months) Cooked Baby Rice
Baby triangle Cheese (10+ months)


McVities Cookies (10+ months) 



Dosa (10+ months) Baby Dosa

French Fries (10+ months)
Home-cooked vegetables, esp. Spinach (10+ months)  
Cooked Egg yellow (10+ months)
Pediasure (12+ months) - Can be mixed with baby milk or Cerelac



Citric fruit juices (12+ months) - orange juice, etc.
Chicken Nuggets (12+ months)
Nutella Hazelnut chocolate snack (12+ months)


Noodles (12+ months) - She loves to eat Indomie Noodles


Biscuits (12+ months) - slightly salty


Cooked Chicken, Fish (12+ months)
Corn chips / Potato chips (12+ months)


Cow's milk (12+ months)
Egg Burji with only salt and pepper  (12+ months)

    Pudding (12+ months) - vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, apricot, raspberry flavors


    Nowadays giving baby foods as well as little bites of our normal food as she loves to eat our food too.

    Happy growing my dear baby!



    Comments

    1. that was a great info..it will surely help so many ppl :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. sneha... have not book marked ur site and so expecting ur mail roopa here... mail me at eidelaura@gamil.com

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment