SWEET BREAD BALLS


I used to get bread balls for snack from my kunji beevathu hostel during the college days. I loved to eat them during those days and finally made them today nearly after 7 years.

This is a popular snack in northern Kerala and is known as bread unda there. I googled for the recipe and got a recipe, but felt like something is missing in the recipe and finally I understood that it is the coconut. I still remember that my hostel bread unda have coconut in it and so included that in my recipe. The bread balls were tasty and now feeling satisfied after having it with a cup of tea.

Ingredients
Bread loafs - 5
Sugar - 4 tsp
Coconut - grated 3 tbsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
Oil to fry



Method
Grind bread in a blender and make it into breadcrumbs. Now add sugar and coconut and grind once. Move it into a container and pour-in warm milk. Mix well and keep it aside for 10 minutes in the closed tight container. Make small balls out of it and fry in the heated oil till the sides turn in to golden brown. Serve hot with a cup of tea.


Comments

Post a Comment