BANANA SPLITS || PAZHAMPORI || VAZHAKKAPPAM


Banana fritters/splits are popularly known as vazhakkappam in southern Kerala and known as pazhampori in the north. Vazhakkappam always reminds me of my grandfather, he used to buy this for me whenever I am back at home from my hostel. I really miss him now.

Ingredients
Kerala banana  - 2 nos, ripe
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Semolina - 1 tbsp
Yellow color / Turmeric powder - 2 pinches
Sugar - 2 tsp
Salt - 1 pinch
Baking powder/soda - 1 pinch
Water - less than 1/4 cup
Oil to fry



Method
Take a bowl, put all the ingredients except banana into it and mix well to form a thick paste. Cut the banana into two halves horizontally and cut each half into four vertical pieces. Apply a little maida on sides of each piece. Dip the pieces in the batter and deep fry in oil till the color turns dark yellow. Serve it hot with a cup of tea.

Have left-over paste? Take a loaf of bread, cut it into 4 pieces and dip each piece in the paste and fry it to make crisp and sweet, bread fritters.


Comments

Post a Comment